Thursday, October 26, 2006

My First Blog!

Hello Everyone,
This is my first Blog ever!!!!!! I am writing this for our youth website. I just want to talk a little about our Youth Ministry. We have a great one! I am very excited about it's future. God has brought many youth to it from many different backrounds and I believe (and know!), He has great plans for the future. I want everyone to know that despite what you may think God has a special plan for your future. I believe he has a special plan for you, in this youth ministry, as well. I have enjoyed getting to know all of you. Over this last year, I have seen many of your talents and interests take shape. The key, I believe is using them for the Lord! We have to ask ourselves, "How does God want me to use the talents HE has blessed me with for Him?". When we start doing this there is no end to the possibilities. God wants to use you! Are you willing to be used by Him? So many of us think, "My talents can't be used for the Lord." I want you to know this is the Devil trying to decieve you. I think in my own life how God is using my talents. I am not a man of many talents, but I have some. One of my talents is I am an athlete (not a great one), I love sports; playing them, watching them and being invovled in them in any way. I use this talent in many ways for the Lord. In the last two years I have been invovled in coaching on some level. When I was in Beloit I coached a 7th & 8th grade basketball team (we didn't win a game all season!). Last year I helped coach the 4th & 5th grade team here in Wautoma. Doing this has opened many doors for ministry for me. I have been able to meet many community members in this town. They have been able to get to know me and what I believe in. Building these types of relationship are key to a strong ministry in my field of Youth and Children. Also, because I am an athlete I have been able to play basketball with some of the high schoolers through hosting open gym nights at our church. I was able to meet and minister to so many students through these open gym nights. I am using something I love to do for the Lord. What a great thing! Well, this blog is starting to get long, so I am going to end it. If anyone has any comments to add I would love to hear them. You guys are great! One of my college professers said something to us about youth ministry that has always stuck with me. He told us to tell it to our youth, so that's what I'm doing. He said, "There are two words that will change your life forever: God and Try.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Pastor Phil,
I just want to publicly apologize for mentioning you do this the other night at the meeting when it is obvious you were WAY ahead of me.
It does go to show that it was a good idea though huh???(she says trying to save face)
I look forward to working together with you on the other ideas that came about the other night at the meeting....
God Bless
JoAnn